26 August 2010

Welcome to SUU




College life has officially begun! I am now attending Southern Utah University in Cedar City. Believe me, once I had spent only one night here, I was wondering why I even chose this school, being so far away from home. Now that I am getting the feel of things, I'm again realizing why I first loved this school. Class sizes are small, teachers extrememly willing to work with you, smaller all-around campus, and it is absolutely GORGEOUS here.






A very far-away view of the Shakepeare Festival
The first few days of school were extremely hard, but since then, I've gotten used to life here and I'm enjoying it. It's not ideal that I have a small room, or a community bathroom, but I'm still making it work. First day of class, I realized college was for me. I loved being able to walk around campus, knowing nobody, and simply being able to do what I want to. Though, of course, I'm not ecstatic about the homework/studying.

Everyday I'm learning and understanding more about myself. For instance, I've realized I'm a bit of a health nut. Moving here, where I have no kitchen, only a fridge, microwave, and an 8-meal-a-week meal plan, I've had to be a little more creative. Like any other college student, I flock to any social event with free food, even if it is something like "Cedar City's Catholic Bible Study Session Group" You get the picture. I constantly try to snack on healthy fruits and vegges, but later find that my cheap Top Ramen meals probably negate the whole point.


Overall, college is turning out to be as I planned, but then again, not so. I'm taking it day-by-day, and trying to enjoy every moment. Love.



Erika



My lovely half of the room.



My roommate, Arissa, and I!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, who helped you set up that cute room! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete