22 March 2011

If you're ready for some summer nights


Seasonal Affective Disorder: a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer.

I learned about this disorder last semester in my anatomy class. Just after learning about it, I joked with my mom that I believed she had it - especially since just before she was complaining about the fall weather and how winter was so sad.

Now, I believe this disorder was passed down to me. I look at pictures from the summer, wearing shorts, having warm, tan skin, and being surrounded by bright colored nature - it's pure happiness. I'm blaming my lack of happiness on the current season. I'm so sick of winter and the snow that keeps coming. 

Supposedly about 14.3% of Americans have this....Hollar if you think you have this disorder too.

ps. Ironic that the initials are S.A.D?  I think not.

1 comment:

  1. when I lived in Utah I undoubtedly suffered from S.A.D. no argument there.

    ReplyDelete