01 April 2011

The Day of Fools


I do not like the first of April. Things go wrong, messes are made, and retaliation is everywhere.

I rarely join in on any sort of prank on this day. The one and only thing that keeps me from participating in these carefully-thought-out jokes, is knowing that the victim can get me back - and that they have all day to do it.

I'll be honest, I like to dish it out, but I can't take it.  

So instead, I live this day in fear. Checking the toilets for suran-wrap, looking for fish-line across my door, or not eating anything that I didn't see prepared before my eyes.

Change of plans this year - I actually got up at 3am and helped out with a big prank, and enjoyed every minute of it.
The catch: I'm going home this weekend, so I wasn't so fearful of what anyone could do back to me.

Smart move.

Happy April Fool's Day.

1 comment:

  1. this post is just ASKING for a return prank to be waiting for you when you return back (:

    p.s. i am FINALLY calling you tomorrow I think. Maybe monday. I miss you like crazy. Can't wait to hear about this said prank.

    ReplyDelete