20 July 2011

For HP



I don't remember when I first heard about Harry Potter, only that I actually started reading them in the 2nd grade. I'd stay up late at night, reading chapter by chapter, only to finish the book way to soon, with too much anxiety for the next addition. From then on, I went to every book release and every opening day showing of the movie. 

After finally seeing the last movie, I have felt a little empty inside, knowing that there will be no more movies, and no more books. HP has been a big part of my childhood - something that will forever be a part of growing up. We've grown to know the "wizarding world" like it's our own. Butterbeer sounded amazing and wizard's chess actually looked like fun. Just like others out there, I was dissappointed on my eleventh birthday when I didn't receive a letter from Hogwarts, coming to the realization that I was just a normal muggle. 

HP taught me that friendships should be cherished, that darkness will be present, and that good will triumph evil.
J.K. Rowling is absolutely brilliant. I feel indebted to her for a childhood of reading and adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment