10 August 2011

loving the books


In all the excitement for the book, and movie, The Help, I thought I'd post something about another book I adore that will soon be released as a movie.

When I came home from school, I was dying for something good to read. Being the starter of a book club, my mom is the first person I go to for some good reads. She suggested Sarah's Key, which she had recently finished. After reading only a few pages, I was hooked.


I love books about history, especially those dealing with World Ward II. Sarah's Key takes place during that time, but instead, is set in France - a place that is not mentioned very often in WWII history.


Sarah's key touched my heart and made me more passionate about this history.
It's a new goal of mine to see some of the Vel d'Hiv Monument when Scott and I make it back to France someday (above picture).

Here's the trailer for the new movie. (If anyone can find when it actually comes out, please help me. Everything says July 22, 2011, but I have seen nothing.)


Please read this book. One of my absolute favorites.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! When I looked it up, it said it came out last year, but it's not on Netflix yet. Let's keep looking!

    ReplyDelete