12 February 2012

Wedding Diary: The Temple // Wedding Day


Scott and I are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We believe that families can be together forever, even after this mortal life. We love each other so much we didn't want our marriage to last till "death do us part", we wanted forever. We chose to be sealed for eternity in the Salt Lake Temple on August 26, 2011.

And it was all perfect.

I was able to sleep in that morning, and take some time making sure I had everything ready to go. Scott came to the door to pick me up, all with a sweet smile. We drove up to Salt Lake together, with few words spoken, but excitement and love in our hearts.

Waiting for my sealing time was extremely nerve-wracking. Being led down the hallway to the sealing room was even more terrifying. And then, walking into a room of 45+ people watching me was no better.

But, that moment when I knelt on the alter, when I looked up at Scott and couldn’t see anyone else in that room, was the best moment of that day. I was full of so much love. Love from my friends and family, love for my family, and love for my sweetheart. After the ceremony was done, all I felt was a wave of relief. After 8 months of long distance dating, and 2 months of stressful planning chaos, I was done. I had him, and he had me.

I was able to thank everyone for coming as they left, and I loved being able to hug my parents in the sealing room, and hearing their loving words of support. After that point, the rest of the day was lost in bliss. I lost every care for anything and everything. I took pictures, hugged my family, and went to the luncheon (that I didn’t have to plan!).

Wedding planning can be stressful and consuming, and sometimes it is easy to forget why you are getting married in the first place. It's not about the wedding at all. It's about the marriage.

This was a perfect day.
We were happy, and that was all that mattered.





   









1 comment: