23 December 2012

christmas thoughts.


Excuse my sporadic thoughts. 

Winter here is unique - it's full of cloudy, muggy days and rainy nights. 

My favorite song this season - Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas Is You (always a favorite)
and Mele Kalikimaka - because its on ALL THE TIME
Least favorite -
Let it Snow. It makes me homesick. 

I love the rain here. I beg for rain and want it to rain all day on Christmas. 
But then I want it gone come January. 

I'm sad that I haven't seen one nativity scene here in Honolulu and that Christmas lights are sparse.

I would have laughed at myself a year ago, but I'm enjoying that my nails are painted with gold sparkle for the holidays.

Sometimes it's annoying that all of the Christmas carols are in Hawaiian because I really like singing along in my car. However, I almost have the hawaiian version of Silent Night memorized. How's that for a haole.

I find most of the Hawaiian Christmas spirit at my church, where the members are always there to greet you with a smile and just won't stop giving. 

and finally, I feel so blessed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment