21 April 2013

lanikai beach


Apparently this beach is one of the top 5 most beautiful beaches in the world.
The sand is so smooth, the water is unbelievably blue, and the tourists are almost non-existent.

However, I've found from my previous visits that it's guaranteed to be very windy, and to usually rain you out. 

We were lucky this time, and it was only windy - the kind where it made for a nice breezy day at the beach - not too hot, not too cold. 
I went in the water, which was surprisingly warm, and convinced Scott to come in with me.
Because the break was so big, we ended up spending the next few hours body surfing.

Although I swallowed way too much salt water, and might have forgotten to put any sunscreen on (oops), my favorite part was looking up to see Scott's smiling face after he caught a good wave.
       Always makes for a good day off.






previous visits here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment