30 April 2013

manoa falls // hikes


This is one of the most simple and easy hikes in Hawaii. It's one of the first things I take visitors to, and it's a hike that I'm always begging to go on.
It short and sweet with some great views along the way - not to mention, it's really close to our house, so it makes for a fun trip out of our apartment.

I've been here countless amounts of times, and I'll still go countless more.








How to get there: Pretty simple. Head up Manoa road and you'll run right into the trailhead and a parking lot. A small tip though - park in front of one of the houses down the street before you get to the parking lot. Parking is $5, and I'd rather just walk a couple more blocks than pay every time.

If you have more time: when you get to the falls, there is another small marked trail that goes on for another 3 miles or so (it will be on your left if you're facing the falls). We've never made it to the end, but it's a fun trail with lots of bamboo. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great hike with amazing views. I love the bamboo forest and the unique shapes of the trees. I have made it to the end of the other 3 mile hike. Eventually you make it to the top of a mountain that looks down into the valley's all around - beautiful. We hiked it in a downpour and we loved every minute. So much fun! This is a great place to start in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete