13 May 2013

eats

Since we've been here for a while, and things were a bit tough for us at the beginning, we needed some comfort food for along the way. 
Here is a list of places for all you future Hawaii visitors that I think are worth a visit. 


Leonards //  I rave about this place too much. It's just too good. I heard one other person describe these as a "churro and a donut that had a baby." They really are just so good. (past post here)

Doraku //   I was not a sushi lover until I came here. They have a full range from totally cooked sushi to straight up sashimi. It's the best. We went there for any kind of special occasion. Located in Waikiki



Grass Skirt Grill //  This place is a good north short stop. Located in Haleiwa. My mom introduced me to this gem, and it's been a favorite ever since. Favorite dishes: grilled ahi and coconut shrimp.

Kahuku Grill //   Cousin introduced this one to me, and we've loved it ever since. The only thing I've gotten there: Coconut macadamia shrimp.  scott's quote: "best shrimp of my life"



Marukame Udon //  This is a must. It's a cafeteria style restaurant, where it's all noodles and tempura. Plus, it's the cheapest dinner you'll find in Waikiki. 

Shave Ice //   Don't waste your time waiting in line for Matsumoto. It's not that good. We accidentally found one in Waikiki that served bigger and better shave ice: Ailana Shave Ice



Acai bowls //  Basically any acai bowl will be good. They're all over the island and they are AMAZING. It's simply an acai smoothie in a cup, with fresh fruit, granola, and honey. The best place we've found so far, Island Vintage Coffee, located in Waikiki.


Crepes No Ka 'Oi //  Another favorite that we found. If you're up by Lankiai Beach, take a stop over here at this quaint little crepe restaurant. They come in huge portions and they are delicious.


 Bubbies //  This place just happened to be right around the corner from our apartment. It's a cute, vintage ice cream shop with incredibly dirty names for the different pies and cakes. Besides that, our go to dessert was Mochi ice cream. It's hard to describe how good it actually is. But it's worth a try. 






1 comment:

  1. Dang, I wish you would have known about these when I came out. I need another visit.

    ReplyDelete