02 July 2013

sauntering back


I sincerely apologize for not posting for forever.

I could blame it on the fact that I wanted to spend quality time with family.
Or that we haven't had wifi for a couple of weeks.
Or that I've been incredibly busy.

But it's probably because i'm sort of lazy.
Alas, I've come back. 

The past month has gone by fast.
There's been rejoicing, reuniting moments with family members, and then fights with family members, and then lots of moments where we missed having our own place. (we're good now, don't worry)
Here is what happened in the past month:

We finally rented an apartment up in Salt Lake City, just blocks away from where I'll be going to school (I think I'm starting to see graduation somewhere up ahead!).
We're in the middle of making our place look awesome, so I'll spare you pictures of rooms filled with boxes. So far the bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom are done. Woot. 

My in-laws gave me a beautiful vintage table a while back, and now that we can actually use it, I decided I wanted to re-stain it. I think when I got to day 7 of sanding I was regretting that decision. I began to imagine a new project of chopping up the wood and using it for a bonfire of rage.
But, I didn't. And now that it's done, I'm actually impressed with what I did. It looks beautiful in our apartment. Once I get fabric on the chairs (next week hopefully!) I'll post pictures.

We made lots of trips to ikea, explored downtown (the library is to die for!), I might have gotten addicted to 'The Bachelorette' (someone stop me), found out basically everything was broken in our apartment, and picked out my multiple dream homes in the avenues.

Here's to the start of a new adventure!









1 comment:

  1. theres nothing wrong with the bachelorette!! have you seen the preview for next weeks episode?! so intense!!

    ReplyDelete