16 August 2013

keeping confidence

I felt like I needed to share this - if only to record my thoughts.
'Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence' - Jeffery R. Holland.

This is my #1 favorite speech given. It has guided me through many important/large/difficult decisions in my adult life. 
Somehow, these words hit me at random times, and I realize I am straying away from something due to outside worldly pressure. 
Somehow, I don't learn my lesson each and every time - and I have to refer to this talk. 

Just a couple of days ago, while doubting a decision I had prayed about and made, Scott and I re-watched this talk. I really let it sink deep. 

"Don’t panic and retreat. Don’t lose your confidence. Don’t forget how you once felt. Don’t distrust the experience you had." 

"Once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now."

"Face your doubts. Master your fears. “Cast not away therefore your confidence.” Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."

There is something so beautiful to be had, when after pressure and doubt cloud your mind, you face your fears and regain that confidence you once had. 
And life goes on, better than you ever planned. 

speech found here

No comments:

Post a Comment