28 September 2013

new job



I just finished week 2 of my new job. I work at a nationally funded project called Gear Up: a program that helps low-income students succeed in high school and college. 
The school I'm at is West High - a pretty cozy building with not so cozy students.

The job is simple, yet difficult. Teaching kids who speak some random language from Burma is more difficult than I expected.
But it's all worth it when I'm teaching a group of students about allusions in The Grapes of Wrath, and they get just as excited about it as I do. 

My little elementary school dreams are coming true. I go to the faculty rooms, faculty bathrooms, work at parent/teacher conference, and know the ins and outs of the school. 




side note: this made my day: any non-student day equals no work day for me! Hurray for spring break, UEA, and christmas vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment