20 December 2013

Christmas Date 7. Wedensday


Because of work and finals and so many other factors, we decided to have our date in the morning.  Luckily, I was off of work, and Scott didn't have to leave until 11. 
So we took advantage of our morning, and decided to go to the temple together. 

I personally requested this little trip, needing some peace for this stressful week. Being only 6 blocks away from us, I felt it was important to take advantage of the temple. 
It was a beautiful, but chilly, morning. Hand-in-hand, Scott and I walked into the temple together, my love for him growing with every step. 
This short and sweet trip was so necessary - it was exactly what I was looking for. But mostly, I'm grateful for the perfect start to my day. 



I'm grateful for the temple, and for the peace I can find there. 
I'm grateful that I can feel so close to my Savior and Heavenly Father.
I'm grateful for Scott, and the ways he helps me see things in new ways. 
I'm grateful for the little moment I had in the temple, where I had peace and clarity, and I knew I am where I need to be. 




2 comments:

  1. It's so fun that you guys are doing Christmas dates! I am for sure stealing that idea for next year. Love reading your blog. You're beautiful and a beautiful writer, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori! Its nice to know I have some other readers out there.
      You should totally do it - our Christmas dates have made our month so much better!

      Delete