21 December 2013

Christmas date 8. Thursday.

Date #8 was a bit crazy. 
Earlier I had taken my last final for the semester. It was a big one, and so I don't think I necessarily started off with the right attitude. 

My cousin won some Nutcracker tickets from the radio. She offered them to us and we were so excited to go. I've never gone before (and I adore ballet), so I was thrilled to have the opportunity. 

We were severely disappointed.

We thought we were going to the ballet. When the tickets ended up being for the Odyssey dance company - a remix on the Nutcracker. 
Within ten minutes there were twerking mice, Justin Bieber crotch pants, and an iPhone instead of a Nutcracker. 

It was awful, and we were both itching to get out of the auditorium. 
I won't go off on a rant about everything terrible about it (I spent enough time last night venting my feelings), but that little dancer inside of me was cringing with the awfulness of it all. 

The experience was so lame we took zero pictures. 


But, on the bright side, we were able to spend time together, and laugh about our failed date.  (and all my finals were finally done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment