12 December 2014

this is whats up.


Well.Writing consistently on this thing is terrible.
Because I haven't written in the past couple months, I hope you've come to the conclusion that life suddenly got very busy. My days went from endless laziness, to jam-packed full of everything and anything.

Anyways. Here are some updates in case you cared.
Brace yourself. It's a lot.


::I got a job (cue applause). I thought that would never happen. Scott is still the sugar daddy, but at least I have a little income to my name. I work at a local gym, handling their in-club advertising. I manage around 30-40 companies and their advertising mediums (print, website, tv) within the club. AKA, those posters or commercials you see plastered everywhere when you work out? That's my job.  Basically everything smells like axe (computers and phones included) and conversations revolve around protein. That's all I have to say for now.


:: Scott's store opened a couple of weeks ago. He's been working like a dog for the past couple of months and it was quite rewarding to be able to see him in his element. Although I've been craving a vacation where I can have him all to myself. (Sorry Apple, but I don't like that you're hogging him.) Of course the store is beautiful, and I'm hoping he'll come home with a new iPhone for me one of these days.



:: I just started working at the Las Vegas LDS temple. For those that don't know, this is a volunteer position in my church. I have been dreaming about this since I was 12 years old. Once a week, I get to learn more about the temple, serve others, and spend the day away from the world. This is seriously a dream come true for me, and I'm so grateful I get to experience it while I'm so young.


:: I went to Utah for a short weekend trip. Although the weather was disappointing (no snow and 55 degrees), it was nice to catch up with family and visit some friends. I was surprised to find that Utah didn't even feel like home to me, and driving around SLC was a bit weird. Here's to Scott and I forever feeling like we're in limbo.


:: okay. last side note. Working without going to school is pretty much THE BEST. Through much of high school and college, I've always had to balance work and school. I hated that awful feeling of needing to work (because, you know, college is expensive) and then finding energy to not only go to school, but to write a couple of papers after working all day. Now that I'm graduated, it feels so good to come home and NOT HAVE A PAPER TO THINK ABOUT. I get to work on what I want to work on. Whether it be my volunteer stuff, or a craft, or a book, or a tv show, I can usually pick what I want to do.
It's really just the best feeling.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are doing great! Congrats on the move, hopefully one day we will be able to meet up! We still talk about sailing with you guys!
    -Melanie Z

    ReplyDelete