23 September 2015

zig-a-zig-ah.



I finally finished our Facebook Book. *big sigh of relief* (I know, there's really no good way to title the project).
It's been my goal every year to get this book done by our anniversary. FINALLY I finished it by this year's anniversary. 

It's a compilation of all of our Facebook messages. As explained in our "how we met" section, Scott went away to France right around the time we just started dating. We did not expect to hit it off so well, and him leaving was definitely not as cool as I thought it would be. We spent the next long few months skyping, emailing, and sending Facebook messages to one another. Scott always joked during those messages that we would have so many by the end of his time abroad that we could fill up a book. So that's where the idea started, and I finally was able to make it happen. 

It's been fun (and embarrassing) to read - what I thought were - flirty messages from me, and the cute names he called me. There are reminders of how badly we missed one another, hints of deep emotion, and trying not to say "I love you" for the first time over a message on the internet.

This year marked our 4th year of being married, and I still can't believe it. We've accomplished so much together in these four short years, and we've been pushed in ways I never imagined we'd possibly be pushed. 
Looking back through this book, it's pretty amazing to see the almost childish, but yet special love that we had for one another. But mostly, I love seeing how much it's molded and grown into something I'll cherish for many more anniversaries.





No comments:

Post a Comment